Commercial Solar Foreman
Responsible for team leadership and solar installation oversight with attention to detail. Responsible for Profit/Loss of individual projects. Preparation, deployment, and management of your crew towards excellent solar installations with great customer care are your core responsibilities. We expect clean, accurate, exceptional solar installations with fanatic attention to detail. We expect diplomacy and politeness with yours, and other crew members. You will work closely with project managers, engineers, and other stakeholders to ensure that solar projects are completed on time and within budget. We expect excellent customer service. We expect correct recognition of reporting structure and company procedures.
- Work closely with the Superintendent/PM to, effectively, deploy and run crew
- Conduct daily safety meetings
- Flawless safety to meet or exceed OSHA standards, daily site safety meetings
- Protect core culture of Green Convergence and team members
- Interact direct with customer; service with a smile
- Interpret specifications, blueprints, and job orders as necessary to complete work orders.
- Redline stamped permit sets as needed
- Confirm string size calculations
- Manage project labor
- Adapt system design as needed
- Manage project equipment
- Mitigate electrical hazards
- Plan & perform wiring and installation of equipment and fixtures such as inverters, solar panels, switches, circuit breakers, monitoring systems, electrical panels, fuses, etc.
- Oversee Roof Lead and crew in panel install (mounts, rails, waterproofing, etc)
- Test systems
- Apply appropriate labels
- Perform service calls, diagnose and resolves all roofing issues.
- Meet or exceed daily/weekly deadlines as projected by management.
- Maintain trucks & tools in clean working order
- Conduct Quality Assurance Audits at various stages of installation process
- Special projects as designated by Management
- Travel when project or weather dictates
- High school diploma or equivalent; additional education or training in solar installation or a related field preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in commercial solar installation, with at least 1-2 years in a leadership role.
- Strong knowledge of solar panel installation techniques and practices.
- Excellent communication, leadership, and organizational skills.
- Ability to read and interpret project plans and blueprints.
- Proficiency in using hand and power tools.
- Knowledge of OSHA safety regulations and experience implementing safety protocols.
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
- Ability to work at heights and in varying weather conditions.
- Ability to lift and carry heavy equipment and materials.
If you are a motivated individual with a passion for renewable energy and a proven track record of success in solar installation, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity as a Commercial Solar Foreman.