Solar Designer Entry
Green Convergence is a leading residential and commercial solar PV and storage installer in Southern California. As SunPower’s first Master Dealer, we have been installing high-end projects since 2007 and pride ourselves in the quality of our workmanship. Our customers choose us for the quality of our work and superior customer service. In fact, a high percentage of our new clients are referrals from our existing customer base. We don’t shy away from challenging and difficult jobs and perform installations that are turned down by our competitors. Green Convergence offers a friendly work environment with lots of opportunities for growth and development. Even though we work hard, we like to have a laugh together. We believe that each one of our members contributes to the overall success of the team and our company. This is reflected in our core values: care of our team, care of our company, care of our customers, care of our community, and care of our earth.
Solar PV & Storage Designer – Full-time position out of Santa Clarita
The Solar PV & Storage Designer will be designing permit-ready plan sets that are code-compliant and adhere to local AHJ requirements. The designer will also be responsible for performing electrical calculations to assist team members complete rebate or interconnection agreement applications.
- Design permit-ready plan sets including site plan, roof plan, single/three-line diagram, elevation views, equipment detail, etc.
- Make corrections as requested by AHJs or update/change plans as necessary
- Review site evaluation forms and pictures to ensure the proposed system can be installed
- Keep detailed notes in Sales Force for each project
- Complete a BOM for each project
- Prepare a site plan, Single Line Diagram, and additional details for HOAs
Qualifications & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Electrical Engineering preferred)
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience designing full permit packages
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Knowledge of local (Southern California) AHJ’s and their specific requirements
- Knowledge of local utilities and their requirements
- Experience designing different types of systems such as: roof-mounted, flat roof with tilt kits, ballasted, ground mount, TPM, etc.
- Experience with battery-backed up and ESS systems especially: SunPower SunVault and Tesla PowerWall
- Working knowledge of NEC
- Able to do wire and conduit sizing, voltage drop calculations, load calculations
- Working knowledge of electrical panels and common wiring schemes
- Must be detail-oriented and be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be a team player, self-starter, and take initiative
- Must have excellent interpersonal as well as written and verbal communication skills