Experienced Electrical Technician
SunPower elected Green Convergence to be their first Master Dealer because our outstanding experience in electrical and roofing work makes for top quality solar panel installations. As licensed roofers and electricians, we seek team members who are able to maintain our standard of customer service and are eager to learn how we do solar. This is an exciting, full-time opportunity, to work in the photovoltaic field for a rapidly growing solar installer.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of SunPower equipment and specifications.
- Provide excellent customer service by completing assigned service calls as scheduled, traveling to each location in a timely manner, and communicating tactfully with clients, especially if plans or timing needs to change
- Service solar systems, troubleshoot electrical, internet, and related issues (occasional visits on rooftops will be necessary)
- Install solar panels, inverters, monitoring systems, ground wires, mounting systems, and various solar related construction projects
- Actively communicate with SunPower technical support to diagnose issues and create resolutions, order new parts as needed
- Maintain documentation of service and installation by completing reports in SalesForce and Microsoft Excel
- Contribute positively to the company spirit and team oriented environment
- Experience in construction, IT, electrical (high voltage experience preferred but not required)
- Electrician’s license or interest in working towards becoming a licensed electrician
- Current California driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Ability to stand and work for 8 or more hours per day
- Ability to use basic tools including wrenches, screwdrivers and drills. Twisting, gripping, and push/pulling tools with hand generated torque
- Ability to lift inverters, panels, setup ladders and lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
Most job duties are performed in a specific geographical area in the Los
Angeles, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego, Ventura or Orange counties.
Other locations maybe required as directed by management.
Work Schedule/ Attendance
- Monday to Friday, arriving at work at 7AM and departing by 330PM or as directed by management.
- Given the size of the department, reliable and consistent attendance is an essential function of this position.